Vessel support and servicing
Many modern OCVs are ‘Multi-Purpose’ vessels, which means that they have a large crane(s), a moon pool, possibly an ROV, all combined with a very large clear deck. As such, they are designed to have project specific equipment installed as required. This has been the main trigger for growth in mobilization and is supported by many companies who ‘hire’ project specific equipment.
Our team are on hand to offer support across a range of services relating to vessels:
- Mooring equipment selection & installation – the verification of existing equipment or the specification of new equipment, followed by detailed engineering to allow successful installation
- Vessel selection assistance – support in the consideration of suitability of a vessel based on our experience and extant databases
- Vessel deck layout assistance – preparation of offshore vessel deck layout arrangement drawings based on knowledge of the operation, the vessel and the proposed equipment. This takes into account vessel strength, stability, motions, and personnel safety, thereby removing many of the risks to the client at FEED stage. This may be followed by a formal HIRA and risk mitigation documentation
- Vessel/offshore Buoy seakeeping (operability) – assessment of vessel motions (seakeeping) for optimal performance
- Deck/Equipment interface grillages – design of custom interface grillage to ensure even distribution of the load across the deck
- Project management – we will liaise with equipment suppliers and owners/operators to ensure the most practical and cost efficient solution is found prior to contact
Naval architecture and marine engineering
Utilising state of the art technology and recognised software tools, our team work to expertly consider complex architectural questions, to provide clients with the most effective and efficient solution.
Detailed design ad structural analysis
Through the utilisation of the latest techniques , we work to evaluate structural designs with due regard to client requirements, the relevant codes, production costs, safety and timeframe.
Hydrodynamic and mooring analysis
Our experienced team of naval architects and engineers utilise industry standard software to provide the analysis and verification required in support of various offshore and subsea activity.
Find out more about the range of services we offer through detailed case studies, featuring a variety of our clients, across the globe.